The general objective of this call for proposals is to support civil society in its actions to support the protection and the promotion of human rights and fundamental freedoms worldwide.
The specific objectives of this call for proposals are to support civil society and human rights defenders working outside the EU in five key areas of human rights corresponding to the five recurring lots of 2014-2017 EIDHR global calls for proposals:
- Lot 1: Supporting Human Rights Defenders in the area of land-related rights, indigenous peoples, in the context of inter alia 'land grabbing' and climate change.
- Lot 2: Fighting against extrajudicial killings and enforced disappearances.
- Lot 3: Combating forced labour and modern slavery.
- Lot 4: Promoting and supporting the rights of persons with disabilities.
- Lot 5: Supporting freedom of religion or belief.
The definition of the objectives of each of the lots of this call for proposals has been subject to an exchange of views with civil society organisations through the Brussels based networks on 20th of April 2017 in Brussels.
Programme: Human Rights
Type: Action Grants
Status: Open » 09/11/2017
Budget: 25,000,000 (EUR)
Geographical Zone: All Countries
This is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes (Annex A.1) must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application. After the evaluation of the full applications, an eligibility check will be performed for those which have been provisionally selected.
Eligibility will be checked on the basis of the supporting documents requested by the Contracting Authority and the signed ‘declaration by the lead applicant’ sent together with the full application.
To apply to this call for proposals organisations must register in PADOR and submit their application in PROSPECT (see section 2.2.2 of the guidelines).
Source: 2017 Global Call for Proposals